Submissions through Film Freeway ONLY.Please click the Film Freeway logo on right to be taken to our Film Freeway page.
Welcome to the WRPN Women's International Film Festival, where distribution and feedback opportunities abound for films made by women, or films that carry subject matter relating to concerns particular to women's issues. WWIFF is a sister festival to the Depth of Field International Film Festival, a FilmFreeway “Top 100 Reviewed” festival alumni.
Distribution: over the years, our sister festivals have sent hundreds of films and screenplays to 3 established Distribution companies who have already signed contracts with dozens of our filmmakers. WWIFF now operates with that same advantage! These distributors do not take unsolicited submissions: Your top award with WWIFF gets you into our private distributor review group. This is a Free Service provided exclusively to our top winners.
Don’t forget Feedback: The one element most festivals ignore.
Instead of paying submission fees and getting nothing in return, everyone who submits to the WRPN Women's International Film Festival competition (WWIFF.COM) will receive either one of two benefits:
1): your film is already competition calibre, and receives ‘Official Selection’ status OR
2): you will receive a letter outlining exactly what it is about your film that is keeping it from being accepted.
Giving you the chance to make corrections to your film:
- Helps you to improve your product and its marketability
- Enhances your ability to win/be accepted at other fests besides ours.
September 20, 2020
October 30, 2020
November 30, 2020
December 31, 2020
January 31, 2021
March 7, 2021
March 21, 2021
BEST OF FESTIVAL
Winners Fall 2020
Countdown to Year Zero
Countdown to Year Zero hones in on an
unprecedented global disaster that
is rapidly unfolding.
What makes us different?......
2. The chance to thereby be included in one of the distributors buyer’s packets on the world film market
3. A festival that is run as a live screening festival as well as virtual competition: We invest in getting distributor recognition for quality films to give them a life beyond a one-time festival showing. WWIFF will screen Best Of Show and Outstanding Excellence at the WRPN.tv Multi-Festival Events in Rehoboth Beach , Delaware.
4. On-Demand Video opportunity available early next year on WRPN.TV Entertainment Network (optional)
5. Our founders are active Committee Members for the Universal Film and Festival Organization (UFFO.ORG), an U.K. based non-profit, founded to implement best business practices for festivals
6. Any film that is rejected receives Free feedback. Filmmakers may also request judges feedback notes for a small fee, even if they ARE accepted or win an award.
7. Free Earlybird entry of any rejected film, into WWIFF’s next season, upon completion of the suggested edits
8. $28 flat fee for all Student Film Entries, regardless of deadline status
9. Unique Category distinctions (Art-house Films, Alternate Media, LGBT, Webisode, Horror, Sci-fi, Tight Shorts, Loose Shorts, Dust Collector for pre-2009 films, and 13 others!)
10. Opportunities for Sub-Category Awards (cinematography, score, original concept, direction, SFX, acting etc.)
Blood Trade - Health vs. Dollars
Every week, thousands of Mexicans
cross the border into the U.S. on
temporary visas to sell their blood
plasma to profit-making
that lure them with Facebook
ads and colorful flyers promising
hefty cash rewards.
Fine, I'll Write My Own Damn Song
Tight Shorts (USA)
A 56-year-old mom sends a
comedic rap video response to
her 25-year-old rap artist/musician
son when he invites other family
members to be in his music
but not her.
The Passion of Mary Magdalene
The film 'The Passion of Mary
Magdalene' is a documentary-fiction
on the biblical character of
Awards & Prizes
Opportunities for Sub-Category Awards include cinematography, score, original concept, direction, SFX, acting, writing, editing and many more!
WWIFF, in cooperation with our distribution colleagues, is proud to offer guaranteed distributor review to the top winners in these award levels in the Major categories*:
"Best of Festival Award: Presented to an outstanding entry from among the Best Of Show Winners in each production type." Receives a 9.5x11 acrylic curbed framed certificate
"Best Of Show" selected by genre and domestic/foreign), so there will be more than one BOS, ie. BOS Documentary (Domestic), BOS Documentary (Foreign) and so on.
"Award of Outstanding Excellence"
*(Please note: If there is insufficient competition within any particular category, WWIFF reserves the right to withdraw a "Best Of" presentation in that particular category.)
Other award levels include:
"Award of Excellence"
"Award Of Exceptional Merit"
"Jury's Choice Award"
"Award Of Merit"
"Kudos Endeavor Award"